Tuesday, April 9, 2013

QUESTIONS ANSWERED

I've been getting a few questions in comments / messages recently, of which a few were quite similar, so I thought I'd post the answers here. They're on completely random topics, sorry, but you might find something or other of interest in the answers... maybe =)

1. What camera / kit do you use?
I use a Nikon D7000 and have a kit lens (18-105mm, f/3.5) which I barely ever use and a prime lens (35mm, f/1.8) which I never leave the house without. I also have an external flash, which I only use when shooting commissioned evening events, I prefer natural light for my personal stuff.

2. What is the font you used in your April Fools' post / did you create it yourself?
The writing over the image isn't actually a font, it's just my hand-drawn doodles edited in Photoshop and then laid over an image, which is what I've done with the image in my Dreams post too. I don't actually know how to create a font... anybody want to teach me?=)

3. How do you get that tousled look with your hair?
My hair is naturally quite straight (wavy in damp / hot weather), so making it look tousled is not an easy feat. For one, I barely ever brush it (the knots tend to come out by themselves). I also sometimes use a beach spray whilst it's still drying - the Fudge Urban sea salt spray. It smells sooo good.

(I think I'll leave it at that so as not to bore you too much) Also - I apologise for sparse posting this week - I'm in the midst of a busy work placement with a long Cambridge-London commute! Exciting and tiring all at the same time =) Especially exciting as I finally get to be with my loverboi for a bit, this long distance thing is a pain! How are you all wildcats?

2 comments:

Ivana Split said...

cool:) I don't know how to use a fond either.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog :)

<3 Sarah
http://www.closetchecklist.com/