Tuesday, November 13, 2012

MEET NINA GOSSE

Parisian and fashion-obsessed, Nina Gosse is quite literally my French counterpart. She is also a law student and she has taken my place at Cambridge this year whilst I have taken hers in Poitiers. It's strange being replaced by someone who is actually similar to you - she's even ended up living on the same staircase of College halls as the people I'm closest to! Nina runs a website called Empreintes-Digitales (read more in the interview below) and participates in various fashion collaborations. She also happens to be gorgeous and agreed to model for me for the shoot below, more of which you can see HERE. I hope you enjoy the photos and the interview and be sure to check out Nina's website (especially if you speak French=P)!

Hi Nina, so to kick off, can you tell us a little about your website? What's the basic idea and how did it start?
I am Editor in Chief of a website called "Empreintes-Digitales", it is a French website but read by people from everywhere. The guys whom I now work with founded it a few years ago, initially to talk about music but it now extends to art, culture, fashion and so on. The basic idea is to share my discoveries and infatuations with a personal touch.

A lot of your entries are fashion based. Would you like to end up in the fashion industry? Why?
I'd love to because it is one of the areas I am most interested in. I don't see fashion as something totally superficial, on the contrary I think it is deeply anchored in our daily lives, it reveals both our personality and the spirit of a certain point in time. But I'm not sure about my future yet of course, there are so many paths one can take...

What's your biggest dream?
My biggest dream is to realise all my other dreams.

Who is your biggest inspiration?
Broadly speaking, I'm very inspired by people who are passionate and dedicate themselves to something they believe in, people who make things happen, those who never have enough. As far as fashion is concerned, I think it is difficult nowadays to name just one person because they are not unique enough... But I'm a fan of women with elegance like Romy Schneider, Catherine Deneuve, Audrey Hepburn, Julianne Moore, Eva Green and so on. I think that's the most important thing to looking beautiful, even in an old jumper.

Who is your favourite designer?
My favourite designer is Chloé, I recognise myself in everything they do. But I also admire Balmain, Chanel, etc. I also love small brands like Eple & Melk whom I modeled for, I love clothes with the Nordic spirit.

What is your most prized possession?
I guess it's my YSL Downtown bag (grey croc), and my Cartier Trinity ring that I got for my 18th birthday.

If you were an animal, what would it be?
I'm not very keen on animals... Maybe a bird so I could fly. I find French bulldogs very cute, but they're too much work.

And finally, what's your favourite quote / saying / moto?
"Be true to yourself"

Thank you, Nina, for being an incredible model and for this interview!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

followed you :)

nuvena said...

wonderful pictures, I could stare at it forever. I will follow you for sure ;)

Esmée said...

Beautiful pictures!

wobblinbetty said...

so nice interview and pics!!

Sara said...

OMG I LOVE your pictures ! You have such a great style !! ♥

Fashion HotBox said...

These are simply amazing!!

xx